[WLANware] Hi I'm new to this mailing list

Lolitha Ratnayake lolitha88 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 18:54:38 CET 2012

Hey Saverio,
Thank you for replying me. Yes I'm now in my final year. I'm doing a
theoretical research on ways to improve wireless adhoc mobility network for
day today life for my degree program. I have already studied wireless adhoc
protocols. I'll be studying wireless network in depth after April (second
semester).

What I'm willing to do is auto-discovery and route maintenance system for
ad-hoc wireless nodes to share files and data. It will be also applicable
to moving nodes. I'll do as you suggested. thank you very much!

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:57 PM, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) <
zioproto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Freifunk is a wireless community. A group of people ! It is not a software
> ! :)
>
> Please read the English web site
> http://wiki.freifunk.net/Kategorie:English
>
> If you have an idea feel free to share your idea in the Wiki
> http://wiki.freifunk.net/Ideas
>
> Write also on the wiki that you are the author of the Idea and you are
> looking for a mentor for this project.
>
> You want to develop something similar to AirDrop for the GNU/Linux
> desktop environment ? KDE, Gnome ?
>
> regards
>
> Saverio Proto
>

> 2012/3/20 Lolitha Ratnayake <lolitha88 at gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hey everyone,
> > I'm Lolitha Ratnayake. I'm willing to be a GSoC participant under your
> > project. This is my first time in GSoC.
> > I'm currently studing wireless communications for my graduate program.
> I'm
> > studing about wireless mobility adhoc network. I'm really interested to
> make
> > a software similar to apple AirDrop but with more features. Please tell
> me
> > how can I be a participant under your project. I also have a small
> question.
> > Since I don't know German, I used google translator to translate your
> > website. Tell me what is freifunk. Is it a library or a collection of
> > libraries and platforms? Is it an application or collection of
> applications?
> > Thank you!
> > Your faithfully,
> > --
> > Lolitha Ratnayake
> > Department of Statistics and Computer Science
> > Faculty of Science
> > University of Kelaniya

Thank you very much!
Yours faithfully,