[WLANware] Antenna diversity + wave guide antennas; books; performance data

Daniel Nitzpon nitzpon at gmx.net
Fri May 30 10:22:10 CEST 2008

hi davis!

i would really try to get rid of the omni and replace it by several
directional antennae. that doesn't have to be too costly, you can easily
build cantennas and biquads yourself. and if you're good at soldering
ics, you can buy siemens se505 instead of wrts and upgrade their ram to
16mb.
dependig on how you choose your locations and how much other wifi is in
the air there, you can also achieve quite a lot with the standard
antennae. only thing that is important is to get the nodes outside of
buildings (and watch for proper rain and sun protection).

greetz
daniel