[WLANware] Associating with olsr-dhcp from linux

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Thu Mar 20 10:26:49 CET 2008

Hi

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 07:55:56AM +0100, elektra wrote:
>    Some wireless drivers allow you to fix the IBSSID for Ad-Hoc with the
>    command
>    iwconfig <interface> ap 00:01:02:03:04:05

Of my 4 cards

Senao long range pcmcia with external antenna, pcmcia (orinoco)
Edimax pcpmia (rt61pci)
surecom ep-9001-g (rt2570usb)
internal broadcom 4306 (Dell truemobile 1300 mpci) b43 (or bcm43xx)

Only the senao allows iwconfig to set it into adhoc at all.
Then it immediately gets the right IBSSID. But it cannot get DHCP,
and the signal/link levels look wrong, -100 both. Even if I set an IP
and the essid, bssid, channel, everything is right, it can't ping.

The internal broadcom with ndiswrapper joins flawlessly once you set
adhoc. I'll try to get that automated into network-manager on ubuntu.

thanks for the help

regards,
Jan

--