[WLANware] HNA4 multiple gateways

Daniel Nitzpon nitzpon at gmx.net
Wed Feb 20 01:20:25 CET 2008

Jan Groenewald schrieb:
>> what exactly do you mean by "get"? that it appears in their hna-list as
>> a 0.0.0.0-gateway or just that packets are sent via it?
>> the latter may easily happen if OLD happens to be on on the route to NEW.
>
> I haven't put it in their hna4 nvram variable.
>
> If you mean by hna list the list of routes, then yes, the default route
> is set to the old gateway.

what i mean is the list of received hna4-announcements (>status > olsr
or something alike).

> When I go to the "status page" of arbitrary mesh boxes, they list the old
> GW as their default route. The command "route -n" also lists the default
> route as going via the old GW. When I traceroute from behind such a
> node, to google or some other international site, I am going out the old GW.

the default route only lists the next hop in direction to the gateway.
that is why i was asking if NEW is 'behind' OLD seen from most nodes.

there are two cases:
1. OLD still broadcasts hna4-announcements for 0.0.0.0. in that case
dyn-gw-plugin would be the place to look.
2. OLD does not announce hna4 anymore, nor are other nodes of the
opinion that it would be doing so. nevertheless, packets crossing OLD
are sent via WAN instead of being forwarded to NEW. in that case it
would be an iptables issue or something the like.