[WLANware] HNA4 multiple gateways

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Wed Feb 20 06:30:24 CET 2008

Hi

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 01:20:25AM +0100, Daniel Nitzpon wrote:
> the default route only lists the next hop in direction to the gateway.
> that is why i was asking if NEW is 'behind' OLD seen from most nodes.

Yes, about 5 nodes can see the NEW and OLD GW directly, but chooses
OLD as default route. All other behind obviously get that too through
hops via those 5.

> there are two cases:
> 1. OLD still broadcasts hna4-announcements for 0.0.0.0. in that case
> dyn-gw-plugin would be the place to look.

It has been ipkg removed.

> 2. OLD does not announce hna4 anymore, nor are other nodes of the
> opinion that it would be doing so. nevertheless, packets crossing OLD
> are sent via WAN instead of being forwarded to NEW. in that case it
> would be an iptables issue or something the like.

Yes, probably.

OLD's default route is now NEW, since I turned WAN off. If WAN is on,
but I don't want it to share internet, instead just to use it's default
route for itself, is this possible? ff_policyrt, as an alternative to
dyn_gw, still announces the route via hna4. So it seems the only way
is not to have WAN default route at all?

regards,
Jan

--
   .~.