[WLANware] ff-meraki-pack?

Daniel Paufler d.paufler at fhtw-berlin.de
Sat Apr 21 20:50:47 CEST 2007

Hey Dan

> This is a fantastic idea - I would really like to see something like this
> for the Meraki.  While it is possible to install OpenWRT on the Meraki, it
> is difficult unless you have a Serial cable, and that has it's own problems.
> I am thinking that a ff-meraki-pack would solve these problems - the vendor
> Meraki firmware allows you SSH access, and it has IPKG installed.
Why exactly is it difficult to install openWRT on meraki? What are their
"own problems" regarding openWRT?

I ask, because we might use ~20 of them for ghana. If it is a real
problem to do meshing with them, we should consider not to use them.

Thanks for hints.

Daniel

--
Angewandte Informatik - Computer Aided Facility Managemnt
FHTW Berlin (http://www.fhtw-berlin.de)