[WLANware] Attended Sysupgrade weekly report

Paul Spooren spooren at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Sun Jun 11 22:20:35 CEST 2017

Hey all,

some updates on my GSoC project:

What has been done:
* publish github repository [1]
* add functionality to Luci view (full upgrade via Luci is no possible)
* test server already works with some dependencies. I'm still working on
an easier setup with pip requirements.
* created draft for a server/builder setup with flexible number of workers
* Include network profiles [2] via parameter

Plan for the next week:
* Create usign signatures and checksums
* Create Luci legacy fall back method if luci2-io-helper is not available.
* Consider ODBC [3] replacement with sqlalchemy [4] - thoughts anyone?

The whole project aims to be as generic as possible, usable from
Luci(2), an image creation wizard, command line or whatever interface
could be useful. Also the focus is on LibreMesh, however I hope other
communities can make use of the upgrade process as mostly generic tools
like LEDE ImageBuilder [5] are used and a simple JSON API [6] is provided.

I'd really like to get some feedback on what features are missing and
whats needed so your community could benefit of the "Image as a Service"
approach!

Best regards,

Paul

[1]: https://github.com/aparcar/gsoc17-attended-sysupgrade