[WLANware] Idea for GSoC project

Kirill kirill.gsoc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 18:53:43 CET 2016

Thank you for the reply, Andreas!

My proposal mentioned openwrt environment, indeed. But perhaps I need
to generalize it. I'm talking about high-speed proxy server with low
memory footprint, and I'm going to make it highly customizable with
Lua scripting engine. It can be run on any servers or embeddable devices.
Development process can be done using regular PC, OpenWRT port
is going to be released afterwards (but within GSoC timeline for sure)
and there openwrt community can be of help. So, mentor for this project
just should have understanding of Linux, C, optionally Lua and obviously
networking :-) Basically, we are going to turn effective proxy server with
low amount of features into swiss army knife here :-)

-- Alexey