[WLANware] New Text for Splash in luci-splash - native english speaker wanted

brent bts at project-phree.org
Sat Jul 27 23:56:00 CEST 2013

On 07/27/2013 04:13 AM, Manuel Munz wrote:
> Thanks Brent,
>
> this sounds good to me. I only have concerns about the translation of
> the "fair use" section. You translated it as:
...(snip)...
> I'm not sure if the english translation says the same as the german
> text. Imo it should be more something like:
>
> The participant agrees to not use the network in any ways which will
> harm the infrastructure, the ###community### network itself, its
> operators or other participants.
>
> So it is about "don't do things" which will make the network slow or
> unusable for others or which will impact the network in a negative way.
>
> Could you please correct my try of a translation or rewrite yours (if
> needed, maybe thats exactly what your translation says, then everything
> would be fine.)

AH! Yes, I can certainly see what you mean now. I had misunderstood the
general context focusing too much on the phrasing, missing the
proverbial "forest for the trees". :)

The English snip you provided is actually a spot-on translation if
referring to actual health of the network (rather than representation of
organization), except I would replace "ways" with "way"(singular)- one
of those weird English quirks. If you replace that section, the rest of
the document should be accurate.

--
brent s.
Project.Phree