[WLANware] Hello

Pablo Castellano pablo at anche.no
Sun Mar 18 23:21:38 CET 2012

Hi there freifunkers!
Finally, I have subscribed to this list and this is my little presentation:

My name is Pablo, I'm a Spanish guy involved in free software since some
years ago and some other projects like the Guifi.net network since two
years ago. I'm interested in promoting a free network in my city and
also developing useful tools to do it faster and easily :)

I came to this list because I'm interested in participating in Google
Summer of Code. At the beginning I planned to do it with the
Guifi.net Foundation and I wanted to get in touch with you to know your
ideas, suggestions, comments... and get your feedback, that would be
very useful to me.

But...
two days ago we discovered that Guifi.net Foundation is not between the
chosen organizations.

My proposal is developing a desktop application to read CNML files and
possibly other formats containing information about free network. You
can read about it here:
http://es.wiki.guifi.net/wiki/Usuario:Pablog/GSoC2012/CNML_Explorer

I would like to know what you think about it.
If you like it I would still like to develop it, maybe under the
Freifunk umbrella, as this project is not just related to Guifi.net
network, but with free networks in general ;)

So please, let me know what you think if you read my proposal.
Thanks in advance!

Cheers to everybody in this list,
	Pablo.