[WLANware] SNMP plugin for OSLR - GSoC 2011

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Fri Mar 25 14:31:00 CET 2011

Hi,

> Marek will correct me if I am wrong but presently the socket functions
> just work for linux.These include socket_get_all_ifaces() and
> socket_find_iface_by_index() .Unless there is a problem porting those
> functions , I guess it should work on other platforms as well, because
> that is the only place where I found platform dependent code.

yes, as I tried to explain in my previous mail: All platform dependent code
has been concentrated in these 4 socket_* functions. Currently, we still miss
the defines for OSX and Win32 but that should not be too hard to add.

> But I have some concerns.If we build on this instead of a new one,
> we'll have to make considerable changes if we want most of the code to
> be modular and generic.And like Mitar pointed out, making it generic
> and modular would add a lot of value into the project.
> There are many variable-names like raw_sock that have been made global
> (perhaps for easy access in the helper functions ?)

Can you be more specific on what should be more modular / generic ?
What makes you think raw_sock is global and where do you see a problem with
that variable ?

> I would be more than glad to elaborate my queries if you wish.

Feel free to ask.

Regards,
Marek