[WLANware] SNMP plugin for OSLR - GSoC 2011

ambarisha b b.ambarisha at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 11:48:04 CET 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 5:20 AM, Mitar <mmitar at gmail.com> wrote:
> reconfiguration of network interfaces? Does you tool work on Windows?
> Mac OS X?

Marek will correct me if I am wrong but presently the socket functions
just work for linux.These include socket_get_all_ifaces() and
socket_find_iface_by_index() .Unless there is a problem porting those
functions , I guess it should work on other platforms as well, because
that is the only place where I found platform dependent code.

>> Why not focusing all effort on a single tool ? Dividing resources does not seem
>> like a good idea.
>
> Sure. We just have to cooperate a bit. ;-)

But I have some concerns.If we build on this instead of a new one,
we'll have to make considerable changes if we want most of the code to
be modular and generic.And like Mitar pointed out, making it generic
and modular would add a lot of value into the project.There are many
variable-names like raw_sock that have been made global (perhaps for
easy access in the helper functions ?) which would not allow the code
to be generic.Also there are a few other things I hope to get
clarified like the flow in handle_udp_packet(), the content in the
handle_udp_packet() which I mentioned earlier and also other things. I
would be more than glad to elaborate my queries if you wish.Still I
guess making improvements on what we already have would mean lot less
work than starting from scratch.

Cheers
Ambarish