[WLANware] Project Ideas

bharat naik bharat.2511 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 17:30:14 CET 2011

Hi Elektra,

                  You are right.

                  In sensor networks, the protocols involved are reactive
since you rightly pointed out that power conservation is of primary
importance. I was asking if anyone was considering tweaking existing mesh
protocols to suit WSNs i.e has freifunk come across a problem space where it
required. them to use WSN-centric protocols.

                  I had read about freifunk being involved in developing a
low power counterpart of OLSR, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, could someone
provide me more details of the OLPC project using freifunk for its mesh
deployments.

Thanks,
Bharat.