[WLANware] Help with Firmware

Manuel Munz manu at somakoma.de
Sat Jan 15 17:18:49 CET 2011

On 15.01.2011 16:48, Clemens John wrote:
> Am Samstag 15 Januar 2011, 15:37:21 schrieb Alvaro Garcia:
>> Hy! I sent an email the other day asking for a problem in IP assignation. I
>> was worng asking about the LAN interface. The problem is with Wireless.
>> While in LAN configuration you can fix the range of IP adress assignation,
>> in wireless there is not any possibility to make it. So when I connect to
>> the network by wireless my computer or mobile phone has and IP adress
>> completely wrong. I can change it manually, but the interesting application
>> would be to make it automatically because if not is not practice,
>>
>> The version of firmware I am using is the
>> following: openwrt-g-freifunk-1.7.0-pt

Hello,

what do you mean with the ip you get is wrong? From what range do you
get an IP on wireless on what range would you expect?

Afaik DHCP is not enabled by default in the freifunk firmware (has been
some time since i last used it) and in the versions i know you setup the
DHCP-range for wireless somewhere in the olsr settings.

Regards, soma