[WLANware] Strange behavior with freifunk firmware

Albert Homs i Gall alberthoms at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 19:49:11 CET 2011

Hi all

My setup is:
linksys wrt54g with ff 1.7.4. The wifi interface is configured to give dhcp
(dhcp in lan settings enabled and olsr dhcp configured). In the wan
interface there is connected a nano5 doing a point-to-point link running
openwrt with olsr enabled in both devices/interfaces. In the lan there is a
computer that gets a local ip (192.168.x.x) trough dhcp
When wan interface is disabled both lan and wifi dhcp clients can surf the
internet, but when the wan interface is up the wifi clients can't get
anywhere, not even the ff box, lan clients work properly.
I can reach a laptop from the wrt with arpings, so wifi link between the wrt
and the laptop is up but pings (and all other traffic) only works when the
linksys wan interface is disabled. I've tried to disable/enable NAT and
firewall with no changes

Any idea? i suspect some kind of NAT stuff, tried also the new option in
1.7.4 to use hna instead of nat for clients with no success

Thanks in advance