[WLANware] New SoC ideas

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 20:00:36 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 7:27 PM, Alex Morlang <alx at dd19.de> wrote:
> and we have an expect based script.

We too ... for now:

http://wlan-lj.net/browser/trunk/flasher/scripts

> As the router world is changing very fast, we need to have some more
> flexible approach then the old ways of solving this task.

Sure. This means making a good high level code which can be easily
adapted to different routers. But for me this is something what should
always be done when programming not something you are taking as a main
feature.

Of course, when you are doing a quick and dirty hack this is not so.
And current flashing scripts are mostly this. But if we would do a
real flashing application and would take time to do it properly then
this is something which is normal to do: modular, code reuse,
documentation ...

> after finishing this, the next step would be router autodetection.

This is not really much special. You have MAC address and can quite
narrow from there what you want to detect. Also when router turn on,
you get ARP packet so you can detect it on the network.

Mitar