[WLANware] New SoC ideas

Alex Morlang alx at dd19.de
Thu Apr 8 19:27:41 CEST 2010

Am 05.04.2010 um 13:58 schrieb Mitar:

> Hi!
>
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Marek Lindner
> <lindner_marek at yahoo.de> wrote:
>> There is an attempt to write a Qt based GUI:
>> http://gitorious.org/lff/quci
>> I guess they could need some help.  :-)
>
> And we also have some code already made with Qt. ;-)
>
> http://wlan-lj.net/browser/trunk/flasher

and we have an expect based script.

As expect is a DSL made für this purposes, i did suggest to build a
small framework, covering different bootloader, so adapting to a new
type of router will be easy.

As the router world is changing very fast, we need to have some more
flexible approach then the old ways of solving this task.

as an example, the dir300 flash script is 828 lines, the same in
expect script is less then 40 lines.

after finishing this, the next step would be router autodetection.

> Mitar

Alex