[WLANware] [GSoC 2010] About a proposal

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 22:38:49 CEST 2010

Hi!

Hm, I could be mentor for this one because I have ideas what I would
like to see in such GUI on Android (so that it is also a portable
diagnostic tool for OLSR deployment). And I think N900 version should
be very similar. So it would be great if we define what all such GUI
would have and then leave to implement it for different mobile
platforms.

But I have an Android phone. Not N900. So maybe Nokia could sponsor me
one so that I would be able to be mentor. :-)

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:21 PM, L. Aaron Kaplan <aaron at lo-res.org> wrote:
> And somebody have any problem if the GUI is made using EFL (Enlightenment
> Fundation Libraries)?

I think that specific implementation could be in anything. But I do
not know how good is EFL support on N900? Probably Nokia pushes (or
will push) its Qt?

I would not like to hang on some library which will not be maintained
well? Is EFL even in official N900 packages repository?

Also, if Qt would be choose then there is possibility of code reuse
for cross-platform "main" OLSR GUI. (I do not know in what they are
planning to write it though.)

> Hmmm... let's see . There is also a project for creating a GUI for Android.
> I guess that will be Java based.

Yes. But it is quite specific Java. GUI part is hardly reusable
anywhere else. It has really different concepts.

> So any synergy effects between the Android GUI and an N900 GUI would be
> great.

I could take care that there would be! ;-)

Mitar