[WLANware] GSOC

Stefano Pilla pillastefano at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 02:41:44 CEST 2010

Hi,
sorry for the late reply.

Il 04/04/10 17.09, Sara D ha scritto:

> 1. The project description states: "In order to better display traffic
> flows in freimap, they should be drawn along the actual route the
> packets take." My question is, how are traffic flows in freimap
> currently displayed if not along the packets' route?
In cc there is the creator of Freimap software that can answer you to
this question.

> 2. What is the specific main objective of this project? It sounds to
> me like this project focuses on improving the visualization ability of
> freimap for a network's topology using the B.A.T.M.A.N and OLSR
> routing protocols. Is this correct? I have recently completed a
> networks course at school and am very interested in studying routing
> protocols.
Yes, it's correct. Good if you're interested in studiyng routing protocols.
You can have more informations about OLSR and B.A.T.M.A.N here [0] [1]
[2] [3]

> 3. I'm also wondering about more information about manipulating the
> configuration file. I have read [0], but I was wondering if there were
> other data sources available.
Well, you can find an example of NameServiceDatasouce here [4] but you
need to have an OLSR network. In the new Freimap the configuration file
has been deleted and the software automatically detect the possibile
datasource (MySql, file or OLSR). I'd rather go in this direction...

Ciao!

[0] http://www.olsr.org/
[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3626.txt
[2] https://www.open-mesh.org/
[3]
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wunderlich-openmesh-manet-routing-00#page-6
[4] http://wiki.freifunk.net/Freimap#Configuration_file

--

Stefano Pilla

pub 2048R/7A14FB6C 2009-10-05 [expires: 2014-10-04]
    Key fingerprint:
    6EB6 E497 B431 C251 A75C
    49D9 0B7B 2E86 7A14 FB6C
Phone: +39 340 37 23 206