[WLANware] Willingness to participate in Google Summer of Code Project

jayapriya surendran priya7390 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 23:08:07 CEST 2010

 Respected Sir,
                      I am Jayapriya Surendran studying third year computer
science and engineering in Madras Institute of Technology,Anna
University,Chennai,India.I came to know about Google Summer of Code from one
of my college seniors and i checked out freifunk's ideas
page.Networking(especially wireless networks)is my area of interest.And I am
very much interested to do* Multi-tree OBAMP implementation in OLSR.*

OBJECTIVE:
                   Aspiring for a challenging internship in your
organisation to prove my mettle and continually develop my skills in the
field of wireless networks.

SKILL SETS:

Languages                    :         C , C++ , Java.
Operating Systems        :         Linux(Ubuntu 9.10),Windows(9x,XP)
Database                      :         Oracle, Mysql
Web Technology            :         HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, ASP
Scripting Language        :         Javascript, Perl, PHP
Simulators                     :         Cisco Packet Tracer (network
simulator) , ns2 (basics)

EDUCATION:

*B.E-Computer Science & Engineering(2007-2011)*
Madras Institute of Technology,Chromepet,
Anna University,Chennai-600 044.
*CGPA : 8.54 (till 5th semester)*

*Higher Secondary(March 2007)*
St.Mary's Girls' Higher Secondary School,
Chengalpattu.
*Percentage of Marks : 96.2%*
*
*
*Secondary School(April 2005)*
St.Mary's Girls' Higher Secondary School,
Chengalpattu.
*Percentage of Marks : 95.2%*
*
*
*Project Details:*
*
*
*1.Title             :       Group Chat(Multicast Application)using java and
javaswing GUI *
*
*
*Description  :        *In this group chat Application,peer-to -peer
paradigm is used.So,no single entity will be in the control of the
chat.Anyone can join/leave the chat                 session and members may
send as many messages as they like.This multicast chat protocol will use the
following three PDU's(Protocol Data Units):

                                      1.Join PDU     :      This is a
datagram multicast, when a user first joins.
                                      2.Leave PDU  :      This is a datagram
multicast ,when a user leave the group.
                                      3.Message PDU :   This is a datagram
multicast ,when a user finishes typing a message.
*
*
*User Interface :    *Due to the asynchronous nature of the multicast
protocol,messages can arrive while the user is typing-a console based
interface is not really appropriate.So,I developed a simple swing based
graphical interface.The user interface consists of a window containing a
large message log area in the center,and a small message-entry area in the
bottom.The swing JTextArea class is used to display incoming messages, and
the JTextField will be used to support user message entry. *    *

*
*

*2.Title               :          E-Mentoring For Women (using PHP and
MYSQL)*

*Description    :          This Web Application is developed to promote more
women to splurge into the field of Science and Technology breaking myths and
taboos the society imposes.Also,to give them a platform to be on power with
the working women.This online mentoring website showcases successful women
in various fields and their success stories which acts as motivation for
young girls around the globe.It creates profiles of both registered students
and mentors.Profile matching gives results of best suited mentor for each
student based on the profile.Based on these,a list of top universities and
schools are displayed on various factors namely geographic
location,university ranking etc.Students can take up EQ(Emotional
Quotient)tests which help the student realize her in-built talents for
various fields.This website provides various tutorials and tests which can
be accessed by the mentor,who would make it available to their students.A
regular newsletter is sent to various universities to make them aware of the
e-mentoring system.*

*
*

*3.Title    :          COCOMO Calculator (Software Engineering) using HTML
and Javascript*

*Description :     *Constructive Cost Model is a software cost estimation
tool which calculates the time and effort required to complete the software
project.Number of user inputs,user outputs,user inquiries,files and external
interfaces are the input to calculate the count total which is used to
determine the complexity of the project.Then FP(Function Point) is
calculated. LOC(Lines Of Code) is calculated from the programming language
which is used to develop the project.Finally complexity of the software
project is selected(Organic,Semi-detached,Embedded)which gives the final
cost and effort for the project.

4

*
*