[WLANware] Some internal questions

João Luis joaoluisgm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 14:04:57 CET 2008

Hi Daniel,

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Daniel Nitzpon <nitzpon at gmx.net> wrote:

> João Luis schrieb:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Does anybody know what TX Automatic Selection Algorithm is used by
> > freifunk firmware ???
>
> if you mean the selection of tx power, speed and antenna, these are
> handled by the wifi driver, i suppose. according to a corresponding set
> of nvram variables. was that your question?

Almost... i mean tx as the rate of transmission... i suppose must there is
an algorithm to control that rate of transmission dynamically.
For example, a communication made a 5Mbps... at a interference moment may,
automatically, down to 2 Mbps to keep the communication on... by other hand,
in a good situation increase to 11 Mbps.

Do you know what i mean ???

Thanks for your return.

> > By the way, I've got some buffalos... so, i can just run the firmware
> > update procedure, or do i have to do a bootloader changing procedure
> > before ?
>
> most (all?) of them don't require new bootloaders. check the table of
> hardware at openwrt.org if in doubt..

Best regards,

JL