[WLANware] Some internal questions

Sven-Ola Tuecke sven-ola at gmx.de
Thu Nov 27 14:36:29 CET 2008

Hey,

TX auto selection: you mean "neighbour rate control" as it's called
everywhere. Different approaches exist (e.g. the minstrel ratectl module in
ath5k/madwifi). The Freifunk Firmware relies on / uses the broadcom driver
which is closed source (or in other words: a pile of binary bullsh**). Yes
there is some rate ctl in there - but no functioning API to query or control
that. It works just fine (provided, that the neighbour count does not exceed
an arbitrary limit).

P.S.: I'm personally allergic against the "NS2" keyword. May only be used
for quality control for the ubiquitous paper (writing) tigers...

// Sven-Ola

news:<c586317d0811240744n3bd8715eh7b1c0256df562463 at mail.gmail.com>...