[WLANware] nocatsplash, dhcpslash, other?

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Mon Mar 24 10:41:48 CET 2008

Hi

I want to insert a splash page (perhasp with an AUP) on a running mesh,
without too much downtime :-P

I cannot find an easy howto, so does someone have recommendations?
I see ipkg for both nocatsplash and dhcpsplash. Preferably my
web page which one is redirected to will be on a central web server
(on the mesh) but I suppose due to DHCP-dependencies the nocatsplash or
dhcpsplash must run on each node?

As I understand they see new DHCP addresses, redirect once (perhaps with
acceptance, perhaps acceptance of an AUP is not needed), and I can set
the time before this address expires (not necessarily the same as the
DHCP lease time?

Any assistance appreciated.

regards,
Jan