[WLANware] Antennen, setting up ap's, nodes

dondavis at reglue.org dondavis at reglue.org
Sun Mar 23 14:46:38 CET 2008

I was thinking of running long lengths of lmr400.  Doh! I've ordered some
and I'll be using it, but it will be a lot cheaper to put the nodes/ap's
outside. Is it better to have the nodes/ ap's outside and then run cat5
into the house?

http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/outdoor_ap/index.html

We've made several cantennas.  I'd like another good antenna that we can
make.

The biquad looks good but I need to get my hands on satellite dishes.
http://wireless.gumph.org/articles/homemadeomni.html

The sector antenna looks good but I haven't found good cake pans.
http://www.jardiknas.info/downloads/Wifi.pdf

I've seen the omni. (http://wireless.gumph.org/articles/homemadeomni.html)
but I'm more interested in parabolic antenna.

What's is a good set up for lightning protection and grounding?  What do I
need to pay attention to?

How necessary are lightning arrestors?
What is necessary/recommended in terms of grounding?

Do I need to worry about grounding for the cat 5 coming from the roof to
computer?

Ist diese Liste eigentlich auf Englisch oder auf Deutsch?  Was ist
bevorzuegt?