[WLANware] Ad-Hoc-Mode problems (was: Re: Associating with olsr-dhcp from linux)

dondavis at reglue.org dondavis at reglue.org
Sun Mar 23 14:15:23 CET 2008

> How about devices, that support multi-SSID? Can they work in different
> modes for the different Networks?

Atheros chipset and the madwifi drivers have vap so that you can run ap
mode, ad-hoc, monitor, simultaneously (but they're all on the same
channel).  You can then bridge the VAPS.

What about using a router with dual a and g radios?  I've seen the
wrt55ag, are there any well priced ones?  I'd like to try something like
this with a mesh backbone or backdoor using a, and nodes or ap's using
b/g.  Does anybody have experience with this?