[WLANware] Associating with olsr-dhcp from linux

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Thu Mar 13 09:05:28 CET 2008

Hi

The problem is particular to either freifunk or OLSR-DHCP.

I have OLSR DHCP running on ff1.6.28.
Macs and Windows can associate and get DHCP, Linux cannot.

The same Linux (tested now on b43 (internal), rt61pci (PCMCIA from edimax),
and (prism2?) senao ext2 long range PCMCIA cards, none of them can
associate.

BUT All of these cards can associate to normal APs offering open or
encrypted (non-OLSR) and get DHCP.

How can I debug this further? What output will help? I do think it is
pre-DHCP, it is in fact association, from iwconfig's lack of ssid and
network signal, and from nm-applet in ubuntu, which has two convenient
little lights, I believe one says "associated" (ethernet or wifi)
and one says "dhcp received". I am running Ubuntu. dmes is not showing
me something. I can run dnsmasq in debug mode, but we are not getting
as far as DHCP. How do I run (iw*?) some debug mode tools to see
association errors? On the Freifunk (WRT54GL) or the Linux laptop?

Any tips appreciated.

regards,
Jan
--