[WLANware] olsrd broken for running on multi interfaces with freifunk firmware 1.6.xx

Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Mon Mar 10 11:29:44 CET 2008

On Mar 7, 2008, at 5:38 PM, ulf kypke wrote:

> hi,
> more and more, i belief the olsrd on freifunk firmware is broken by
> working on multi interface mode.

actually it works on multiple interfaces. Can we narrow down what
your specific problem ist?
Or your specific setup?

Besides, please do use olsr-users at lists.olsr.org if you write in
english and have olsrd bugs.
Like that the developers actually get the report.

> the setup on a wtr54gl or asus wl500gp running standard freifunk
> firmware >1.6.17 it is not possible to run the olsrd on multi
> interfaces
> like wlan ethernet 4 port switch and wan interface.
> the olsrd gets all the routes, but will not forward this to the other
> interfaces.
> so routes from wlan are not propagating to the ethernet network and
> routes from clients on the ethernet network will not shown in the
can not see that here, over here they are.

> routing table behind the wireless network.
> to be sure, no firewall and no special routing is configured and i am
> pretty sure this was working weeks before with versions of 1.6.xx
>
> a test with a testcompiled older olsrd version from elektra, temporary
that is old stuff... she moved into batman and "does not believe in
link state routing anymore" (real quote).
please use www.olsr.org

> copied to the router will show the result! this olsrd ist doing the
> correct work, forwarding all routes from all interfaces to all
> interfaces. the existing olsrd on freifunk firmware is not forwarding
> the routes in between the multi interfaces.
> right now all revisions from 1.6.17 to 1.6.28 has this problem.
> we did not test older versions.
can not confirm.
Over here most linksyses happily run already 1.6.26.