[WLANware] basic init script question for freifunk + batmand 0.3

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Sun Jul 27 18:25:37 CEST 2008

Hello, we're making a mesh with WRT54GLs.
With freifunk and batman 0.3.

For the nodes I have the init script

S97nodestartup.sh
#! /bin/sh
batmand eth1

which works fine.  But for the gateway I tried

S97gatewaystartup.sh
#! /bin/sh
batmand -g 5mbit eth1 vlan

In a best case scenario it has to be killed and restarted.  In less than
ideal circumstances it freezes the router up.
I think this is because it needs to wait a bit longer in the boot up
cycle to start after a dhcp lease has been given to the router.

Is there a script like 'watchout4batman' for the new batman that tests
for internet connectivity and announces the router as a gateway or if no
internet connectivity then as a gateway?  Or better yet a script that
can be run as a cronjob to do the same thing and if batman isn't running
to bring it up again?