[WLANware] Soekris firmware

rene at absorb.it rene at absorb.it
Wed Nov 14 05:44:02 CET 2007

Hi,

Bob Keyes wrote:
> Advice to others when using Soekris and OpenWRT: For 64MB flash boards set
> "Filesystem part size" to 56mb, and on 128MB flash models set this to
> 117MB. Set the serial port baud rate to 19200.
just my cents: Use only the half of the available Space, which is mostly
enough for the running system. This makes it very easy to install a
second, parallel system. So easy upgrading, testing etc. Thats how we do
it, and with a fixed setup (hda1 first boot, hda2 first fs, hda3 secnd
boot, hda4 secnd fs) you can use the scripts of the WRAP-Image to do the
upgrading, sync the configs or remotely switch to a different system.

Regards,
Rene