[WLANware] Soekris firmware

Bob Keyes bob at eecs.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 13 22:42:44 CET 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Ulf Kypke-Burchardi wrote:

> Bastian Bittorf wrote:
>>> the soekris is x86 based and there is no freifunk firmware image for
>>>

>> hi Ulf,
>>
>> could you send me an ready to run openWRT-image for a
>> soekris net4526?
> sure, no problem, i will send you one and the rel. ipkgs on a server,
> but i am still working on it, so hopefull be finished in a few days

Thank you for your advice regarding Soekris boards. I had encountered the
problem with the serial console and found the fix. I am currently using an
image built for the WRAP board but it doesn't have this console fix in it,
so I must boot with my serial cable attached. I also have to change the
baud rate of the serial console to 38400.

Advice to others when using Soekris and OpenWRT: For 64MB flash boards set
"Filesystem part size" to 56mb, and on 128MB flash models set this to
117MB. Set the serial port baud rate to 19200.

I noticed that we switched to using the English language in this thread. I
don't have a problem with that, as English is my native language and my
German language skills need much improvement. But I'd like to have it
noted that I didn't show up expecting everyone to speak English ;)

Regards,
Bob Keyes