[WLANware] OLSRd from olsr.org vs Freifunk

Sven-Ola Tuecke mail2news at commando.de
Mon Mar 26 11:21:16 CEST 2007

Hi Dan,

all the freifunk optimzations are included with the current CVS version.
There's one difference: the Freifunk-Firmware version removes superfluous
debug stuff. Refer to
http://ff-firmware.cvs.sourceforge.net/ff-firmware/ff-devel/olsrd-optimize-size.patch?revision=1.6&view=markup

// Sven-Ola

""Dan Flett"" <conhoolio at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:BAY141-DAV2382709C9AB7DC999FCDFAF680 at phx.gbl...
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell how close the olsrd distribution from olsr.org is to
Freifunk's version in 1.4.5?  I know they added a lot of patches to their
CVS recently and many or most were already present in Freifunk.  So in
theory they should be close.  I want to know how optimised olsr.org's
version is and if it's OK to use it on a router in a network of mainly
Freifunk nodes.

Cheers,

Dan