[WLANware] which pcmcia card with antenna?

Keld Jørn Simonsen keld at dkuug.dk
Tue Aug 29 14:42:58 CEST 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 11:05:41AM +0200, mickey at netfreaks.org wrote:
> try one of the following cards:
>
> - Proxim Orinoco Gold 8470WD (with lucent-mc antenna connector)
> - Senao NL 2511 EXT2 (two mmcx antenna connectors)
> - Z-Com XI 325HP+ (two rp-mmcx antenna connectors)
>
> nice shops are yatow.de and shop.meconet.de

Thanks for the info, and I then bought a NEC Atheros card from yatow.de.
EUR 37 + shipment, and it does a/b/g and has an antenna outlet.
The .11a is only with Japanese bands, whatever that means.
Almost all that I looked for.

But I have problems with it.

When I stick it in the pcmcia slot, it does not show up in cardctl info,
nor in lspci. cardctl just says: no product info, just like when the
pcmcia slot is empty. I run Mandriva 2006.0 and there is support for
ath-pci in the kernel (2.6.12).

Is the NEC card defect?

can I see somewhere what is in the pcmcia slot? I could not find
anything in /proc. lspci is silent on this. lspci should show the
card, iven if it does not know the pci-id, nicht wahr?

Can I get the card changed or repaired by Yatow according to German law?

MfG
Keld