[WLANware] Features added to the Freifunk Kit

Sven-Ola Tücke mail2news at commando.de
Mon Aug 21 10:53:29 CEST 2006

Dan,

nice work - thanx. Will consider adding that stuff. The password ist stored
encrypted in NVRAM. You need to build a password/dropbear compatible hash
for ff_pw. What is wrong with tcp_westwood (that's enabled by default?)

PS: Current prime focus is the Multicast-via-UDP stuff aka olsr-bmf and (as
always) JFF2-space. Have found another 128k of flash mem without big
feature-cuts, so here's the outcome which enable one to install a complete
tcpdump/libpcap on a WRT54Gv5 with only 2Mb Flash:

testing/_trx/openwrt-freifunk-1.3.4-de.trx (usable JFFS2 on 2Mb: 320k):
  Kernel: 463k, RootFS: 814k, Jffs2: 2496k/0x270000, TRX: 0x13f000
openwrt-brcm-2.4-squashfs-rc5.trx: (usable JFFS2 on 2Mb: virtally none)
  Kernel: 497k, RootFS: 999k, Jffs2: 2240k/0x230000, TRX: 0x176000
openwrt-brcm-2.4-squashfs-micro.trx (usable JFFS2 on 2Mb: 256k)
  Kernel: 497k, RootFS: 771k, Jffs2: 2496k/0x270000, TRX: 0x13d000

//Sven-Ola