[WLANware] Features added to the Freifunk Kit

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 21 10:15:29 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've been doing some work on the English version of the Freifunk Kit -
hopefully it will work for other languages too.  I've modified it so
gen-openwrt can set any nvram variable you want as default in S14ffnvram.
I've also added some routines to gen-openwrt make some other hard-coded
settings changeable as well - such as the nameservice suffix, tcp_westwood
and the default password.

At the moment, the ability to change the default password is broken.
Currently my modded gen-openwrt simply uses sed to change the "export
ff_pw=admin" statement in /bin/firstboot to the user-specified cleartext
password.  Obviously it's slightly more complex than that. :)  When you set
a custom default password the web interface still accepts "admin" as the
password, but ssh doesn't let you in at all - no password works.

Anyway, even though it's not ready for prime-time, I thought I'd share a
patch of where I'm at at the moment and get people's feedback (especially
Sven-Ola :).

Here's the patch against en-kit v1.2.5:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/flett/freifunk-kit/freifunk-kit_dan.diff

And here are the files I've modified or added.  Notice that I have left
root.tgz alone. :)

http://users.bigpond.net.au/flett/freifunk-kit/gen-openwrt
http://users.bigpond.net.au/flett/freifunk-kit/config.sed
http://users.bigpond.net.au/flett/freifunk-kit/defaults.network.conf