[WLANware] WRT54GL v.1.1 + Freifunk Firmware 1.2.5

P C pconover at ipro.net
Tue Aug 8 16:34:54 CEST 2006

>What could be the difference between the Leipziger firmware and the standard Freifunk software?

I just received an order of 15 Linksys WRT54GL units.
Half of them flashed ok, the other half bricked.
I can confirm that Freifunk works up to
S/N: CL7B1F616309  Firmware: 4.30.2
Another hint: If your unit has Firmware version 4.30.7 it Will brick.

I also tried "LEIPZIG" but it bricks just like Freifunk.
Are Freifunk developers working on this?
If not, has anyone created an openwrt with olsr that is compatable with Freifunk?  Or, are there easy instructions for installing openwrt and installing modules to make it very usable with a freifunk olsr network?  If left with no other option, what is the second best hardware choice (with two antenna ports) to use with Freifunk?
Thank you, -Pete

Sent via the WebMail system at ipro.net