[WLANware] olsr on two interfaces ?

kloschi kloschi at subsignal.org
Mon Apr 3 19:47:37 CEST 2006

Sven-Ola,

> one more. The 10.x.x.x IP will be visible throughout the berlin mesh if you
> have an iface with that address. Someone will complain "hey! use 104!!!" and
> others will complain about their local net where 10.63.whatever does not
> work as expected. If you depend on the 10.x.x.x for whatever reason use a
> tunnel setup instead (over the wire). IPIP tunnel may do...

ou (weimar) freifunk.net uses 10.63.node.x for all wireless-olsr
networking. to push those addresses also into the 104.63 was not
suitable during our test-setups.
as soon as we tunnel to other freifunk networks (leipzig & berlin
hopefully soon [1]), we will only announce 104.63.x.x, so that wouldn't
disturb anyhow [2].

regards,
kloschi

[1] is there any chance someone over there gets in contact with
dfn-people, so we could start our talks with the local dfn partners in
weimar to see if there is a nice way to interconnect the freifunk
networks through .. these talks are useless, if we have only point of a
two-point connection ;)

[2] not again the ip-scheme issue, hehe  ..