[WLANware] New Chef(koch) creates LEDE images

Paul Spooren spooren at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Nov 17 17:22:34 CET 2017

Hi,

during the last GSoC I created a service [1] to simplify the sysupgrade
process of squash-based installations of LibreMesh and LEDE in general.

As a by product I created Chef [2] which simplifies the image creation
with a simple device search and the possibility to edit preinstalled
packages.

The scope are new users which know their device model but may never
heard of target/subtarget combinations. It's also handy to create an
image via smartphone and directly flash it to the connected router
without the need to search through the LEDE downloads page.

If you find the time I'd be happiest to hear what you think and how to
improve it.

The code is on GitHub [3] and uses ("vanilla") JavaScript and HTML.

Even tho some people already use this, it's still very early development.

Best,
Paul

[1] https://ledeupdate.planetexpress.cc/
[2] https://chef.libremesh.org/