[WLANware] Google Summer of Code

Ania Bui lichi.bui at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 17:18:24 CET 2017

Hi!

My name is Ania and I am currently a junior at Illinois Wesleyan University
where I am pursuing a B.F.A. in Arts (Graphic Design) and B.S. in Computer
Science. I am more of a visual person and I have a considerable design
experience (you can check my work out here: www.aniabui.com - there are
some links to my profiles there as well), but my programming skills are
limited to the coursework and what I do in college, which means that
everything what I learn in Computer Science become tools to develop my
passion in design.

I have already read through the ideas page and there is one that grasped
my attention (Retroshare web interface), but I am not sure if that project
would be a good match for me and would take the most out of all my skills
:) I am familiar with HTML, CSS, JavaScript as well as Java, C++ and
Python. So, I'll need to catch up with the libraries used for UI
development and probably boost up my current level of expertise in those
languages.

I am super excited about the opportunity provided by the Google Summer of
Code and I was wondering if you wished to mentor a design-oriented
programmer that would need to polish her skills a little bit so that my
code is of the same production-ready quality as my designs?

Thanks! :)

Best,
Ania Bui

PS: I can't wait to dive into the open source community!