[WLANware] GSoC 2017 - student introduction

Marcin Czarnecki marnczarnecki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 15:30:10 CET 2017

Hello all,

My name is Marcin, I am studying Computer Science at the University of
Brighton (in the UK). I am interested in participating in Google Summer of
Code 2017 with your organisation. I am a web security and anonymity
enthusiast, tried to work with the Tor Project for GSoC 2016 but it did not
work out.

Project idea of working on Netmon's web server and API and visualization
caught my eye. I think that I could be a quite good fit for that project.

Project idea: https://wiki.freifunk.net/Ideas#Netmon_Software_Compilation

First thing is Laravel, that's my favorite PHP framework to work with, have
been working with it for almost a year, I know it may not be long but I
have done quite few interesting freelancing projects in Laravel in the past
and have gained few happy customers.

I also have got commercial experience working with automation and data
visualization from my internship. Working with Nagios, Grafana and Graylog
and supporting an internal product on a daily basis. The monitoring stack I
am most familiar with is Nagios -> graphios -> graphite -> Grafana, so got
some experience in that field. Most of the monitoring and data displaying
was either suggested or implemented by me.

I am quite familiar and feel more comfortable working with Linux,
preferably Debian based. But got some experience with enterprise Linux
distros as well (RHEL).

If you have any questions you can contact me on my email: marnczarnecki[at]
gmail.com. I am researching about your projects and organisation so I can
come up with questions myself :)

Many thanks,
Marcin