[WLANware] batman-adv

brent bts at project-phree.org
Fri Jul 26 04:12:16 CEST 2013

On 07/25/2013 08:49 PM, Moritz Warning wrote:
> This will probably help as well:
>
> http://www.open-mesh.org/projects/batman-adv/wiki/Batman-adv-openwrt-config
>
> regards,
> mwarning

Many thanks for replying! I've tried the suggestions you offered but it
doesn't seem to make a difference on reboot of the node.
However, once it's up I can do either:

batctl if add wlan0-1
or
batctl if add wlan0

and I'm then able to see OGM packets from my other test node. So it
seems it's just the interface configuration that isn't quite clicking
(it certainly doesn't help that the test node is a gentoo desktop and
the development node is OpenWRT...)

I have already seen the article you linked above. It also doesn't seem
to allow for the interface to be added to the mesh on boot
automatically- perhaps this is an OpenWRT UCI bug?

However, worth noting is that this node is using batman-adv v. 2013.1.0
and I *think*, from what I recall, the syntax you provided in your other
message was for =< 2012.4.0. Or is the syntax backwards-compatible in
newer versions for UCI configuration?

Also, Holger- apologies, but my German actually isn't that good at all.
That's just Google Translate. ;)

Thank you again for your input!

--
brent s.