[WLANware] IP only like nodogsplash

Juergen Neumann j.neumann at junes.eu
Fri Jun 1 22:18:24 CEST 2012

Hi!

This is about my infrastructure. I am running a central gateway to the
internet. There are several routers with a wired link to that gateway,
all running olsr. The wireless routers don't do NAT. All clients have
"real" IP addresses from within the OLSR network.

          (DSL)

        (WRT160NL)      <= OpenWRT Internet GW with OLSR
          /   \
   (WRT54GL) (WRT54GL)  <= OpenWRT wireless mesh AP with OLSR and DHCP

      (client xyz)      <= Any wireless client connected to any WRT54GL

Is there any alternative to nodogsplash that does not use the MAC
address, but just the IP addresses of the clients for filtering?

MAC addresses do not work in my case, cause clients are +1 hop away from
internet gateway. I just want to "welcome" my freifunk guests once they
want to connect to any port 80 server over the internet gateway.

Any ideas?

Thx,

JuergeN