[WLANware] SNMP plugin for OSLR - GSoC 2011

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 29 22:48:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I am hesitant about writing our own TCP implementation. I am not sure
> if this is not too much work? I do not believe this is so easy task.
> So maybe using something existing and at least improving it would be a
> better choice? Marek, you believe writing your own TCP implementation
> is a wise move?
>
> I am not so sure if we really need high performance? I mean, we mostly
> just need to transmit one file.

high performance definitely is not a requirement. All we need TCP for is the
telnet session to transmit our commands.
We want ap51-flash to handle multiple telnet sessions at the same time to
fulfill an often requested feature: Being able to use a switch and a notebook
to flash as many routers in parallel as you want.

> What I know that something like this would be useful. So we
> could even use Marek's work and build upon it.

Maybe we should discuss these things in a more real-time manner (e.g. IRC) ?

Cheers,
Marek