[WLANware] Google Summer of Code

Maëlick Claes claesmaelick at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 20:29:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm currently a student in Computer Sciences at University of Mons (Belgium)
and I have recently begun to bear interest to mesh networks. Being also very
interested in distributed systems and particularly P2P, I had in mind to
work on a project to get a few experience in this domain. While crawling the
web I found the Freifunk project on the Google Summer of Code page and as I
saw on the ideas proposition page some projects linked to distributed
storage. So I think it could be a good idea to work for Freifunk this
summer.

I've seen on the ideas page two proposal that really interest me: one to
build a distributed small storage for applications like DNS and another one
to build a P2P file sharing application which fits to the mesh topology. So
I would like to know what can I do/learn and who should I contact before
thinking about sending my application.

Thanks,
--
Maëlick Claes