[WLANware] SNMP plugin for OSLR - GSoC 2011

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 13:34:00 CET 2011

Hi!

> yes, as I tried to explain in my previous mail: All platform dependent code
> has been concentrated in these 4 socket_* functions. Currently, we still miss
> the defines for OSX and Win32 but that should not be too hard to add.

Not really. On Windows there is no real support for raw sockets so
winpcap approach is the only one doable:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740548%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#limitations_on_raw_sockets

OK. So I would suggest that for this GSoC we do more work on this
flasher. So to make it really cross-platform, test it on different
platforms, see how GUI behaves, console/terminal (power-user?)
interface too, add more routers and so on. So then me as a mentor
would get more used to the code and also I would have help from a
student to do all that. ;-)

So that at the end of the summer overall flasher will be improved and
that there would be one more network using it.

Because at the end I would like to integrate it into the OpenWrt build
system so that you could generate executable/flashable images out of
it. And then integrate this into our web-based image generator we have
in our nodewatcher (node database system).

http://dev.wlan-si.net/wiki/Nodewatcher

At the end, I would like that users will be able to register a node
(say where it is and which hardware they have there) and press one
button and get a file they will run and it will do everything
automatically. If this would be the result at the end of the summer, I
would be very very glad. And if we can do it in a way that also
existing projects (OpenWrt, ap51-flash-ng) are involved, this would be
really great. I am whole for integrating things together and not
reinventing things. So I would be glad to help a student helping me
integrate things (because sometimes this takes more energy at the
beginning than start doing your own version, but net result is much
better if you work together).

Mitar