[WLANware] SNMP plugin for OSLR - GSoC 2011

ambarisha b b.ambarisha at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 10:02:36 CET 2011

Hi,

I am an engineering student from India.I am very much interested in
working for freifunk in GSoC 2011.I have gone through the guidelines
given and also the ideas page.I already maintain a blog at
http://ambarisha.co.cc  .If its not much trouble , please also go
through "My other blogs" on the page .I am very much into socket
programming , so I want to work on this area of the freifunk
project.There are a few projects that I liked very much :

1.SNMP plugin for OSLR
2.Android OSLR GUI
3.cross platform GUI for OSLR

But I haven't yet got an android mobile , I work on a simulator.For
cross platform GUI development, I have good experience with interface
design , but I haven't worked on things like showing maps (for showing
how the packets are routed).So I will have to study on that a lot, if
I were to apply to that.On the other hand, I already have good idea of
SNMP , so I thought that project would be ideal.

So, what do you people think ? Has anybody already worked on this ?
How would it scale up as a GSOC project ?

Cheers
Ambarisha

P.S: I tried for searching for a bug-tracker, but I couldn't take in
most of the content as I am only competent in English and a couple of
local languages.So, any pointer to bug tracker in english would
definitely help.Presently, I am going through RFC 3411 and RFC 3418 to
brush up SNMP details and security concerns.