[WLANware] A Prototype Service Module For Freimap That I Made ( Apologies for the second mail )

Naman Muley naman.g.muley at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 10:21:03 CEST 2011

Hi,
       I finally completed the prototype I was working on. for a service
module for Freimap. The GUI is very basic, no design. The whole prototype is
very basic.

       You can download it at,
            git clone git://git@github.com:ngm7/test_servicemodule.git

       The program enters the user in a multicast session. Different users
in the multicast session (chose a common groupid and portno) will be able to
exchange files and record each others changes in files. The log files on
linux systems are appended to by the kernel. This program shall multicast
the last 2048 bytes of the file you chose. Thus, one's sytem's information
can be made available over the network. One can use this to troubleshoot a
node remotely.

        The program also receives other node's data and appends it to a
file. Please change the filepath variable 'destFileName' in 'McastRecv.java'
to any appropriate file you want. The file whose changes you intend to send
( you will be prompted for a path ) must be atleast 2KB. files lesser that
these, WILL be sent and received correctly, just that editors like 'gedit'
which use encodings will not be able to read them. use vim in such cases to
view the changes. You need to have reading and writing permissions to the
two files in question.

        I would love to have inputs on it. But, I wont be able to make
immediate changes to the code, as I have my end-of-semester exams starting
from tomorrow ( ::kill:: ). In case of queries, drop in a mail.

        I really think, adding a service module to freimap will transform it
into a different specimen altogether. It shall no longer be just a map.
Think of booting computers remotely, ssh, troubleshooting etc.

- Naman