[WLANware] GSoC 2010: Project IP/UDP encapsulation Kernel module

Gustavo F. Padovan gustavo at padovan.org
Sat Mar 27 19:10:18 CET 2010

Hi,

I was looking through the Freifunk Ideas Page and I'm interested on the
IP/UDP encapsulation module. However I need some more info about this
work. What's the motivation for this kernel module? What's the goal of
the IP/UDP encapsulation? There are similar implementation on kernel
where I can take a look?

About me: I have been developing the Linux Kernel since 2008. I have
some experience with network stuff in the Linux Kernel. Last year
I take part on GSoC with BlueZ, the linux bluetooth protocol stack and
since there I've been developing under the net/bluetooth dir into the
linux source. You can take a look at my code here:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux%2Fkernel%2Fgit%2Ftorvalds%2Flinux-2.6.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=Padovan

Also I have been developing for BlueZ userspace and oFono (a telephony
stack for Linux).

Regards,

--
Gustavo F. Padovan