[WLANware] Upgrade to 1.7.0 and Two routers connected via cable

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Sat Jun 5 14:34:03 CEST 2010

Hi

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 02:11:45PM +0200, jan at aims.ac.za wrote:
> Hi
>
> I used to have two routers connected via cable
> on the wan interface and ran olsr on there for
> the best routing (in a mesh of 100 nodes
> these were two "high sites" on the mountain
> pointing to different neighbourhoods.
>
> I upgraded one to 1.7.0 today and wan_proto=olsr
> is no longer available, not even allowed.
>
> root at alan:~# ifup wan
> ### WARNING vlan1: proto olsr not supported
>
> What is the new solution?

I found this in the Changelog, which I think I read earlier but forgot.

+ Basti complains about that pre-defined WIFIOLSR=1 and
  in Vienna, they use a second mesh network range. For that
  reason new setting on OLSR page: ff_range. Defaults to WLAN
  address range. Determines interfaces for OLSR and firewall.
  Removed (lan/wan)_proto=olsr, chg to "static" in S14ffnvram.
  Changed startup files and old /usr/bin/netparam accordingly.

I still do not understand the new preferred solution, or what this
second range or ff_range is.

I downgraded the two nodes in the meantime.

regards,
Jan

--
   .~.