[WLANware] GSoC 2010: Project IP/UDP encapsulation Kernel module

michael-freifunk at fami-braun.de michael-freifunk at fami-braun.de
Thu Apr 15 21:00:24 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 05:43:44PM +0200, Mitar wrote:
> (dynamic Switching and Tunneling)
> OK. Maybe one question before that. Will this be tap or tun device?
> Would we assign those interfaces MAC addresses and then we could use
> them?

I'd just like to report there is a wireless project at FeM e.V. [1]
creating an open source managened wireless network solution for student
networks that would have great use of this (if done with tap devices /
layer 2).
Therefore I'd be glad to find development snapshots to be publically
accessable so in case somebody gets its hands on it here while you're
coding he could be testing or assisting.

Regards,
 Michael Braun

--
[1] http://www.fem.tu-ilmenau.de