[WLANware] GSoC 2010: Project IP/UDP encapsulation Kernel module

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 14:27:45 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 1:56 PM, marco bonola <marco.bonola at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, I'm doing this because I considered a more complex scenario.

I agree. It is necessary to consider also complex scenarios. It is
always then possible not to use it. But it is harder to add it later.
I think it is good that it is possible to fix which tunnel to use for
a given inner packet specification.

But I think this learning of which tunnel to choose should be also
done automatically. Like switches are doing it. You do not need to
preconfigure which port switch will use to send a packet. It learns by
itself. And something like this should be also possible here. (Next to
the possibility of manually specifying the port/tunnel.)

We should also not forget about broadcast (at least).

When we are talking about IPinUDP we are talking about both IPv4 and
IPv6? And also UDP will be both over IPv4 and IPv6?

Mitar